11 Juni 2012

674


I just finished Where The Bodies Are Buried. I don't know what the name changing fuss is all about, Chris is just as engaging as ever. If anything, Where The Bodies Are Buried reads like A Tale Etched In Blood And Hard Black Pencil which is my all time favourite. It starts with a body and ends with consolation. A classic whodunit.

In honour to the occasion, I will list my top five Christopher Brookmyre.

5. Be My Enemy or F**k This For A Game Of Soldiers…
I don't really like Jack Parlabane. Granted, counting the number of people who want to kill him, he's not supposed to be a likable character, but, you know, he's supposed to be the arsehole that we love. On the other hand, Be My Enemy is chaotic and superfun.

4. A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away
This is the first of Angelique de Xavia when she's not yet so whiny (I actually skipped a few pages of long monologue about 'job that doesn't love her back' and 'someone at the horizon' on re-reading The Art Of Stealing). I love the music geekiness and for some reasons I like Raymond Ash character.

3. One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night
A high school reunion that turns into Die Hard, what's not to like about this book?

2. All Fun And Games Until Somebody Loses An Eye
This is the funniest Brookmyre ever. 'A grandma joins The A Time' is probably an appropriate description. Grandmas rule!

1. A Tale Etched In Blood And Hard Black Pencil
As I said, my favourite Brookmyre ever. My first, actually. This book is PERFECT I don't have words to describe. Well, maybe a few.

2 komentar:

  1. #okesip masuk daftar buku wajib punya....

    BalasHapus
  2. sirik.
    *melirik buku2 dan majalah di rak yang tak tersentuh*

    BalasHapus