28 Juni 2014

721

If there's such thing as geek traveller, I aspire to be one. Yours truly, after all, travelled to Heidelberg to chase Monster and to Salzburg where the hills were alive with the sound of music. Heck, I even travelled to Bali EPL-style (Oh not exactly, not drinking and dancing every night, flirting with a loaded Spaniard, and helping a widow in need. Come to think of it, no, EPL is not a geek literature, it's Oprah-endorsed hipstery-cult. Repeat, Oprah-endorsed hipstery-cult).

I was in Dubrovnik earlier this week, staying at a supercool family hostel. Next to giving away scarves during the Croatia-Mexico match (which sadly they lost), the hostel also offered daily private tours to several places including, guess what, Trsteno Arboretum, one of the filming locations of Game of Thrones. The guide was also a GoT fan. That's about the only time I regret I don't watch Bloodline of Conquest.*

I remember when visiting Gedong Lawang Sewu in Semarang with Mumun, the guide insisted to point out various locations of which Ayat-ayat Cinta was filmed. Sadly, I don't know about Mumun but I didn't even watch the movie. Several movies were actually shot in the Old Town area. When we asked around, no one seemed to remember Joko Anwar's Kala, but they did remember Shanty (Nan Achnas' The Photograph). I think geek traveling in Indonesia gets the chance to be a hit, if it's not been already. Some travel agents are now offering Laskar Pelangi and, ahem, Eat, Pray, Love tours. Myself, I'd like to go on a Rahasia Meede tour that includes, at the very least, Jakarta's Old Town and Banda Neira. Anyone up for it?

*I didn't take the tour because that night I went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream performance, the play that I always want to see because it's the play Neil Perry took part in in Dead Poets Society. Geek enough, no?

1 komentar:

  1. "Myself, I'd like to go on a Rahasia Meede tour that includes, at the very least, Jakarta's Old Town and Banda Neira. Anyone up for it?"

    count me in....please count me in....

    BalasHapus