24 Februari 2013

693

Remember when The Big Bang Theory was a good show? When they make cool-geeky-but-totally-useless gadgets like that turning on lamp via internet thingy (but unlike these ones, although admittedly the three-dimensional chess board is kinda cool). When the characters did science because they actually loved it, not because they couldn't get the girls (yeah that too, but only a little bit). Now, and probably even before, the show is just:
1) NOT THAT FUNNY
2) SAFE
3) CLOYING, AND
4) A PRETTY BULLSHIT TREATMENT OF NERDS/NERD CULTURE. SERIOUSLY, IT’S PATRONIZING BULLSHIT (...) A DINOSAUR STRAIGHT FROM THE MIND OF 80′S NERDISM.
(FILM CRIT HULK!)

I still watch the show, as I don't have much social life anyway (not unlike Dr. Cooper et al., I reckon). And the The Barenaked Ladies theme song still gives me a (specific) cozy warm feeling of my room in Water House ca. October 2010. But yeah, it's just something I watch with dinner on Tuesday nights. No biggie. Totally skippable had I have something more interesting.

And that something's more interesting is usually Community. It's a smarter, geekier show than The Big Bang Theory now. Or maybe ever.

Or at least it was.

Admittedly I was skeptical when hearing that Dan Harmon was kicked out of the show for the fourth season (onwards?). I didn't know who this guy was before, I didn't know his works. However Community feels like something personal. Something that needs a certain, I don't know, constant. A genius, perhaps. So Dan Harmon's leaving feels as if Tina Fey's leaving 30 Rock, the difference only that he wasn't on the screen.

So yeah, I know I was being unfair. I watched the first and second episodes of the fourth season and didn't really like them, but I knew well that it's probably out of bitterness of the lacking of Dan Harmon.

But the third episode, seriously, WHAT. WAS. THAT?

Community admitted (in a true Community-style) that people in a closed group tend to attracted to each other, and even more so on TV. But in the first three seasons, it was played in the background. I like that Troy and Britta together, but I don't really want to see them together. And I don't think even Veritas724 wants to see Jeff and Annie together either. Alright, maybe she does, but I don't.

And it's not the worst part. When they're all going to the Inspector Spacetime convention, it feels wrong. Feels like they don't have any reason for doing that except that they need to have an episode in the Inspector Spacetime convention. Geekfurious explained it better.

Crappy love story. Geek convention. Do you know what they remind me of? The Big Bang freakin' Theory. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh.....

3 komentar:

  1. Ran, gua senanggg sekali tiap lihat ada post baru di blog lo.. tapi..sayangnya kadang gua nggak ngerti lo ngomong apa :(

    BalasHapus
  2. hihihi untuk ngerti yg ini emang harus nonton community sampe khatam vir. ayo nontoooon :)

    BalasHapus
  3. Ok deh next in line.. *nyuruh Kanti ngedonlodin heheh

    BalasHapus